DBTune blog

To content | To menu | To search

Tag - d2r

Entries feed

Monday 29 September 2008

D2R server, SNORQL and Firefox 3

In case it might be useful for someone else (I've had several requests for it offline), here is a small patch to make D2R server work with the latest versions of ARQ, in order to make the SNORQL SPARQL explorer work in Firefox 3. I sent the patch to Richard some time ago, so hopefully the newest D2R should work with latest versions of ARQ.

Oh, and I've finished (well, almost, just a couple more lines to add to the conclusion) writing up, and started this morning at the BBC!

Sunday 27 July 2008

Musicbrainz RDF updated

Well, I guess everything is in the title :-) The dump used is now of the 26th of July. I also moved everything to a much faster server. Also, the D2R mapping is still not 100% complete - I am really slowly getting through it, as PhD writing takes almost all my time these days. I added recently owl:sameAs links to the DBTune Myspace service, so you can easily get from Musicbrainz artists to the corresponding MP3s available on MySpace and their social networks. See for example Madonna, linked through owl:sameAs to the corresponding DBpedia artist and to the corresponding Myspace artist.

Monday 7 April 2008

D2RQ mapping for Musicbrainz

I just started a D2R mapping for Musicbrainz, which allows to create a SPARQL end-point and to provide linked data access out of Musicbrainz fairly easily. A D2R instance loaded with the mapping as it is now is also available (be gentle, it is running on a cheap computer :-) ).

Added to the things that are available within the Zitgist mapping:

  • SPARQL end point ;
  • Support for tags ;
  • Supports a couple of advanced relationships (still working my way through it, though) ;
  • Instrument taxonomy directly generated from the db, and related to performance events;
  • Support for orchestras ;
  • Linked with DBpedia for places and Lingvoj for languages

There is still a lot to do, though: it is really a start. The mapping is available on the motools sourceforge project. I hope to post a follow-up soon! (including examples of funny SPARQL queries :-) ).

Update: For some obscure port-forwarding reasons, the SNORQL interface to the SPARQL end point does not work on the test server.

Update 2: This is fixed. (thanks to the anonymous SPARQL crash tester which helped me find the bug, by the way :-) )