I just moved the semantic search demo to a faster server, so it should hopefully be a lot more reliable. This demo uses the amazing ClioPatria on top of an aggregation of music-related data. This aggregation was simply constructed by taking a bunch of Creative Commons MP3s, running GNAT on them, and crawling linked data starting from the web identifiers outputted by GNAT.

I also set up the search tab to work correctly. For example, when you search for "punk", you get the following results.

Punk search 1

Punk search 2

Note that the results are explained: "punk" might be related to the title, the biography, a tag, the lyrics, content-based similarity to something tagged as punk (although it looks like Henry crashed in the middle of the aggregation, so not a lot of such data is available yet), etc. Moreover, you get back different types of resources: artists, records, tracks, lyrics, performances etc.

For example, if you click on one of the records, you get the following.

Punk search 3

This record is available under a Creative Commons license, so you can get a direct access to the corresponding XSPF playlist, Bittorrent items etc., by following the Music Ontology "available as" property. For example, you can click on an XSPF playlist, and listen to the selected record.

Punk search 4

Of course, you can still do the previous things - plotting music artists (or search results, just take a look at the "view" drop-down box) on a map, on a time-line, browse using facets, etc.

Btw, if you like DBTune, please vote for it in the Triplify Challenge! :-)