I just moved the semantic
search demo to a faster server, so it should hopefully be a lot more
reliable. This demo uses the amazing ClioPatria on
top of an aggregation of music-related data. This aggregation was simply
constructed by taking a bunch of Creative
Commons MP3s, running
GNAT on them, and crawling linked data starting from the web identifiers
outputted by GNAT.
I also set up the search tab to work correctly. For example, when you
search for "punk", you
get the following results.
Note that the results are explained: "punk" might be related to the title,
the biography, a tag, the lyrics, content-based similarity to something tagged
as punk (although it looks like Henry
crashed in the middle of the aggregation, so not a lot of such data is
available yet), etc. Moreover, you get back different types of resources:
artists, records, tracks, lyrics, performances etc.
For example, if you click on one of the records, you get the following.
This record is available under a Creative Commons license, so you can get a
direct access to the corresponding XSPF
playlist, Bittorrent items etc., by
following the Music Ontology "available
as" property. For example, you can click on an XSPF playlist, and listen to the
Of course, you can still do the previous things - plotting music artists (or
search results, just take a look at the "view" drop-down box) on a map, on a
time-line, browse using facets, etc.
Btw, if you like DBTune, please vote for it in the Triplify